1. Never skip breakfast – breakfast is the most important meal of the entire day. Make sure to eat nutritious foods that support your physical activity for the day as well as for bone, muscle, & brain growth; like a bowl of oatmeal, with fresh fruit & almonds, along with some scrambled eggs and a cold glass of milk.
2. Eat plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables daily – make sure ½ of your plate is filled with fruits and veggies with each important meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
3. Always stay hydrated – replace sugary sports drinks & sodas with water; add slices of fresh fruit like strawberries, lemons, limes or watermelons to your water for a delicious flavor. Staying hydrated prevents heat related illness: symptoms are headache, cold sweats, exhaustion, nausea and/or vomiting, and diarrhea.
4. Wear sunscreen – apply sunscreen about every 2-3 hours and more often when in or around water.
5. Wear sunglasses – wearing sunglasses blocks up to 99% of UV rays which can easily damage the eye because of sunburn.
6. Get plenty of rest – during the hot summer heat, making sure you get plenty of rest is important to prevent heat exhaustion while playing outside, take frequent shaded breaks. Getting 8-10 hours of sleep every night is important for recuperation and growth.
7. Good oral hygiene – make sure to brush your teeth every morning and every night before bedtime. Seeing a dentist every 6 months is imperative in order to prevent major dental issues – poor dental hygiene causes other health problems, mainly with digestion.
8. Stay Active! – find activities you enjoy; like riding your bike, swimming, playing sports with your friends; a minimum of 60 minutes of daily physical activity is recommended for all children.
9. Wear safety gear – when riding your bike, skateboarding, roller skating or blading always make sure to wear a helmet, elbow & shin guards and appropriate close toed shoes.
10. R.I.C.E. – if you experience an injury from being physically active make sure you get enough REST, apply ICE and COMPRESSION to the injured site, and keep the injured area ELEVATED.
Click link for source! :D